Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Allah If I worshipped you out of fear


The famous Sufi woman, Rabi'a al-Adawiyyah said:

"My God {Allah} , If I worshipped you out of fear of the fire, then burn me with the fire of hell and if I worshipped you out of desire for paradise, then deprive me of it, but if I worshipped you for your love; then don't deprive me, my Allah, of your eternal beauty".

She also said: "I did not worship Him fearing His fire and desiring His paradise, then I would be like a bad hired hand; but I worshipped Him out of love and yearning for Him".

2 comments:

  1. salamunalaikum akhee!

    Great said! AmAZIng!!!

    Akhee ur given an inspiration award. come and take it plz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualekum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.
    brother is it correct to say : If I worshipped you out of fear of the fire, then burn me with the fire of hell and if I worshipped you out of desire for paradise, then deprive me of it
    .Please tell ...plz dont mind i have a doubt thats why clearing my brother.
    jazaak ALLAH khair

    ReplyDelete